Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Starting a new year by enjoying books.  Jane Nicolas's book Stumpwork Medieval Flora is a really lovely book.  The detail she puts in her book is always wonderful and easy to follow.  I don't know which of the five flowers I want to do first, any of them would make a wonderful unique gift.

After Christmas I came down with the flu and seem to be better.  While sick I made a hat and scarf in multicolored yarn for my great nephew  Didn't use a pattern. I've knitted so many hats but I still make them with double pointed needles  Also wrapped a stone in 18 gauge silver.  It was very hard to wrap and took more strength then I had.


Hat in progress

Silver wrapped stone

Tomorrow I get back to making chocolates always a happy event.  Maybe another 12 dozen and I will be able to experiment wirh freeze dried raspberry truffles.

1 comment:

  1. Raspberry truffles sound yummy! Did you make them? So far in my desserts I have been able to make lemon bars out of the box. :) Chocolates and truffles are for the true master like yourself.

    ReplyDelete