Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Copper Watch

Today's project was a copper watch.  I've had the watch a couple years now and finally got around to making it.  At first I wanted to use a combination of copper and green opal beads for the band.   Here is an example of green opal.  Green opal is a kind of Chaledony and reminds me of the green patina of copper.



But in the last order the stones were very dark and I didn't like the way it was turning out so I just went with tiny copper beads.  They were so small it took some time to string them.  The band is 7 inches and has an S-clasp.

Copper beaded watch band.

Watch face

It came out very lovely.  I find stringing beads difficult so I am very happy with the results.

I also took the small beaded purse to the Beverly's craftstore in Santa Maria.  So I finished the challenge.  Now to see if they like it.  Hope everyone gets a chance to make something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment