Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jewelry for the Wedding guests

For the wedding I made several necklaces.  The idea was to have something to remember the occasion.   So I made every woman in the family, who attended the wedding, a pearl necklace.  Each was different and made to go with their outfits.  Unfortunately I didn''t take pictures of the finished pieces in all of the confusion of getting the chapel decorated.  The photographers didn't take many pictures of family.  So all I have are pictures of necklaces without clasps.




For Tara I made a necklace of black crystal and cream pearls. 
Her dress was 50's style cream fabric with black polka dots. 




This was my necklace to wear with a vintage blue dress from the 1980's. 
The outfit cost $2.00 from the Thrift store where I bought the wedding dress.



This was Nichol's pearl and amethyst necklace.  I used smaller pearls so that they would be in proportion with the amethysts.  She wore a grey top and skirt to the event.

If I find better pictures I will post them.  But I think this illustrates the idea of pulling the pearl theme of the wedding together with the wedding guests.  It also shows how differently pearls can be presented using different accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment