Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dragonfly Pincusion Finished

Earlier I had posted a stumpwork dragonfly. It was beautiful but looked out of place, so I embroidered flowers around it. Then I decided to make it into a pincushion and cut it badly and ruined the embroidery. So I decided to chuck it after saving the wings, Then dyed some white fabric blue and doodled flowers, purple daisies, silk ribbon rose and queen Anne's lace. Next came embroidering he dragonflies body with seed beads and pearls. I then made a little round pillow out of it and glued it inside a small cat food can. Then I took some ribbon and covered the can and sewed antique lace over the ribbon. To hide the can opening I sewed a small piece of lace around the pincushion. I think it is one of the prettiest things I've ever made. I'll probably give it to my friend for her birthday. Thanks for looking, any comments are appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment