Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Card Out Of Paper

 
Mariposa card.
 
Close up of card.
 

Lately I have been embroidering cards but thought it would be fun to use paper.  The card is made from two pages out of the Mariposa pack.  First I cut out the sonnet square and used it as the background, leaving the butterfly at the bottom and cutting around it.  Next I cut out the larger butterfly and the little butterfly square.  I arranged them on the card and then added a second small butterfly using the second identical page, and gluing it on top to give dimension.  Because I left the small butterfly extended, the card would not fit in a standard envelope.  The envelope I made didn't come out square and didn't even over lap in the center so I cut out a butter fly and covered the hole stabilizing the envelope.  I hope it is liked!

 
Envelope.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment