Friday, March 1, 2013

Mountmellick

Mountmellick is a form of whitework embroidery. I started a project several weeks ago and have started working on it again.  Originally the project was to make a pillow as a gift.  That isn't going to work so I am scrabbling to find a new project.  In fact I have several gifts to start and finish.  So while working on the whitework pillow I've been trying to come up with a couple of ideas.  Doing simple whitework is very relaxing.  Mountmellick is a very textured whitework using a great deal of padding stitches.  Here are some pictures of what I've done so far.

 
Here is a dog rose bud.  It has three layers of padding
stitches worked and then a satin stitch finish.


 
Here are the raspberries made with french knots.
 
 
Close-up of raspberries.
 
It doesn't look like much yet but I am enjoying embroidering such a pretty design.  Hopefully I will finish a gift tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment