Monday, July 1, 2013

Back to Embroidering Pansies

Yesterday I went out to shop at Michael's.  This was a bad idea for several reasons.  The heat yesterday was hot for us and being out 2 hours was hard.  The coupon was for 40% off the entire purchase starting at 4:00 PM.  So I went a bit early and there were only 6 people shopping.  So I managed to get through the crowd of shoppers!  I was able to find some lovely white flowers for a bridal head wreath.  The plan is to finish the wreath in the next couple of days.  Then I went to the frame section and was a bit disappointed that they didn't have many old style frames.  I finally decided on this fake Marcasite frame with fleur de lys at the corners.  The frame is 5 x 7 inches and that turns out to be as small as shows all of Marie.  It also cuts out a lot of background that I would have had to embroider.  So I am rather happy with the frame.  While at Michael's I also bought some embroidery floss for me.



Frame for embroidery.

It was exhausting to go shopping but I have enough supplies for now.  To give my sore fingers a break I worked on the wild pansy some more.  The colors are different from the lesson because I hated the colors the author chose.  The original was in Anchor threads so the DMC equivalents may have just been off.  So this is my first try at picking out colors.  Not quite right but pretty enough.  When this is finished it will be the first quilt square for the embroidered yoyo quilt!



Needle painted wild pansy lesson number 10.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pansy! You are right, colors are not quite right, but they are lovely just the same and your stitching is very nice! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the compliments. The finished pansy is lovely but even buying all of DMC's purples didn't help with the colors. Perhaps looking at some silk floss I might find the colors. The original was done in Anchor colors and the author gave DMC substitutes. The author also didn't have a solid band of color on the petals. I must admit that as the lessons grow more challenging I am developing my own style of Needle Painting. Whether that is for the good I don't know. Trish Burr's Needle Painted iris is spectacular and I hope to be able to learn enough that I am half as good as she is!

    ReplyDelete