Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Needlework Garden, Inspiring Designs for Creative Embroidery

Today I got a really great book in the mail.  I've been having a wonderful time ordering from www.paperbackswap.com.  So much fun getting books and getting rid of books at the same time.  It also feels great when the person getting my books love them!  I've sent off 15 books this week to be adopted and I've selected some craftbooks for subjects I didn't have books on.  Today I got three books.  One book is called "Dolls & Toys of Native America".  The dolls are interesting and the book has great pictures.  I also got "Bargello Magic" by Fischer and Lasker.  Lots of great patterns to use as a source book.  Last I got The Needlework Garden and below is the review I wrote for it on Amazon and LibraryThing.  So now others don't have to buy it blindly.  It is currently offered on Amazon $4.39 used.

There was nothing about "The Needlework Garden" out on the Internet. So I took a chance and bought the book. It is a really lovely book with great flower designs. The designs are somewhat abstracted but very pretty. Most of the projects are household linens but the designs could be used anywhere. Projects include pillows, a bed cover with wildflower applique, vegtable sampler, sachets, cards, a cathedral window pillow with wildflowers and more.  This book doesn't have step by step pictures like newer books so may not be good for beginners. The book does have good instructions and pictures. Definately happy with the purchase and plan on using the flower designs a lot in future projects. Definitely found a new book to treasure!

There is a couple of projects in the book that I want to start tonight!  So that's it for blogging today!

No comments:

Post a Comment